Harmony Hall Arts Center is now accepting visual art exhibition proposals for consideration of our 2020 - 2021 Community Galleries. This call for entry is open to all Visual Artists living or working in the greater Washington D.C. Metropolitan area. Group exhibition proposals are also encouraged.
Deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM, Tuesday, October 1st, 2019. There is no entry fee for submissions. The following submission guidelines apply:
- All proposals must be submitted electronically through https://artsharmonyhall.submittable.com/submit.
- Artwork submitted cannot have been exhibited in any of Harmony Hall Art Center’s galleries within the last 5 years.
- The submission should include a cohesive body of work and must be original compositions by the artist.
- Each of our Community Galleries differs in size. Our Community Arts Advisory Board will determine the appropriate gallery or galleries to which the submitted work will be exhibited.
o Chesapeake Gallery (minimum number of pieces = 25)
o Potomac Gallery (minimum number of pieces = 25)
o Livingston Gallery (minimum number of pieces = 35)
o Regional Gallery (minimum number of pieces = 35)
- All submitted work must be ready to install with appropriate hardware. Artwork with unstable frames or hanging material will not be accepted.
- Submissions must contain 10-15 images representative of the work with dimensions.
- Submissions must contain a biography of the artist and an Artist's Statement in MS Word format.
- All exhibited work must remain in the gallery for the entire duration of the exhibition.
- Each artist or group of artists will participate in at least three events related to their exhibited work during their exhibition. These events will include an opening/public reception, an artist talk, a workshop, or an artist chat.
· Opening/Public Receptions: Saturday event from 3-5 pm that showcases the artist’s work and is open to the public
· Gallery Chats: 15 - 20 minute talks in selected galleries by exhibiting artist(s) about their work
· Gallery Talks: 20 - 30 minute talks from exhibiting artist(s) about their work in selected galleries or John Addison Concert Hall
· Artist Lectures: 30 - 60 minute talk event focused on an artistic subject matter in the John Addison Concert Hall
· Gallery Workshops: One to three hour demonstration or class by the exhibiting artist(s) that showcases their artistic medium/skills and that enhances participant learning
Due to space considerations, we are only asking for submissions that include 2-dimensional artwork to be displayed on the walls of our Community Galleries. Digital files must be submitted in JPEG format. Please label all digital files, “Last Name, First Name_Title of Work.jpg.”
Artwork Drop Off
If selected, artwork must be delivered to Harmony Hall Arts Center at 10701 Livingston Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744. Artist must sign and fill out an Artist Agreement Form upon delivery.
Exhibiting artist/s will receive an honorarium for their participation in the exhibition and related events such as workshops, artist chats, and artist talks. Individual artists and will receive a $300 honorarium and group exhibitions will receive $300 (distributed between each of the participating artists).
Sales & Insurance
· Harmony Hall Arts Center staff will install the exhibit and the work must remain for the duration of the exhibit.
· HHAC reserves the right to reject any work that is not suitably presented.
· Work not for sale should be marked NFS.
· The work will be insured by M-NCPPC for 75% of its sales value up to, but not exceeding $4,500 per piece, and/or maximum of $100,000 for all risks from delivery date to pick-up date only.
· A 25% commission will be retained by M-NCPPC from sale of work through this exhibition. A buyer pays 100% of any sales transactions plus 6% sales tax to M-NCPPC, and within 4 weeks, a check for 75% of sales value will be issued by M-NCPPC to the Artist.
· M-NCPPC reserves the right to photograph works for archival purposes.
Proposal Notification Date: November 1st, 2019
For questions, please call us at 301-203-6070.
Hello East Coast Art Collective Artists!
This call is only open to participating East Coast Art Collective artists for the exhibition running April 13 - June 13, 2020.
Speaking Color by The East Coast Art Collective
Color has a multifaceted influence over our lives from emotions to perceptions. Artists may submit 2D and 3D work that can awaken audiences to the everyday yet brilliant presence of color and relate to ideas around emphasizing color to transform, encourage, and/or illustrate a narrative or an idea.
Please include 5-10 JPGs of your work that you would like to submit as well as a list of works, artist bio or CV, and an artist statement.
We will be choosing 3-5 pieces from each of the 12 participating artists.
Participating artists will have the opportunity to speak about their work at a public reception and artist talks.
Public Reception: Saturday, May 2nd, 2020 (3-5PM)
Gallery Experience Dates for Artist Talks: Wednesday, April 15th, May 13th, and May 27th, 2020.
Let us know if you have any questions!
For questions, please contact Carolee Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 301-203-6070.