Arts/Harmony Hall invites artists of all ages and creative backgrounds to re-interpret the purpose, function, shape or meaning of the shoe. What other purpose could it have? What else could it do or be? Using a soon-to-be-discarded shoe as a starting point or creating one entirely from scratch, artists are given the challenge to re-construct, re-invent and re-design the shoe.
- This call is open to artists living and working in Maryland/Washington/Virginia.
- All mediums are accepted with maximum dimensions limited to 18"x18"x18".
- There is no fee to participate.
- All entries must be 3 dimensional in form and relevant to the theme.
- One shoe entry per artist.
- Submissions due by 5pm on Friday, September 22, 2017.
- Accepted artists will be notified by September 29, 2017.
- Exhibit on view October 23 - December 29, 2017.
- Please upload:
- 1-2 images of the work created or in process.
- A brief statement about the work relating it to the
- An artist's biography (optional).
- You can also send the previous information in a CD by mail to:
10701 Livingston Road
Fort Washington, MD 20744